The WHSC Library has several banks of PCs and Macs available to all Emory faculty, staff, and students on both the library entrance level and the upper level, Level 1. Emory University NetIDs and passwords are required for use.
MACs and PCs laptops are available in the Health Sciences Center Library for in-house use by current students, staff, faculty. Printing is also available from the laptops. The checkout period is two hours. Emory ID is required. Only currently enrolled students may borrow laptops. Laptops may be used with the ethernet connections or wireless available throughout the library. Laptops may not be taken out of the library for any reason, at any time. There is a $20 per hour late fee to ensure timely return of the computer and accessories. All computers must be returned one hour before closing.
Wireless internet connection is available in the Health Sciences Center Library. Instructions for accessing Emory's wireless networks are available at EmoryUnplugged.
Computers in the Library print to the EaglePrint stations. Black and white printers are located on both levels near the computers, and a color printer is located on the Plaza Level in the copy area. Print jobs may be released at any EaglePrint station on campus. To pay for prints, current faculty, staff, or students can use their EmoryCard; alumni, affiliates or visitors must use an Emory guest copy card which may be purchased at the Library Information Desk. When sending a job, you must identify the job with your Emory NetID and then assign a name to the document to be printed; those who use a guest copy card will identify with the number printed on the front of the card. At the print station, swipe your Emory card to view your available print jobs.
Additional information about printing is available at Emory's EaglePrint website.
EaglePrint installers for use with personal computers can be found at Emory's SoftwareExpress website.
Rates for Emory Card printing:
- $.07/black & white singled-sided
- $.10/black & white double-sided
- $.30/color single-sided
- $.50/color double-sided
To add value to an EmoryCard, visit EmoryCard Services.
Visitors can purchase pre-paid copy cards at the Information Desk. To add value to an EmoryCard, please visit https://www.onecard.emory.edu/emorycard/.
Costs for copies:
- Black&White $.10 cents double-sided
- Color 50 cents per single-sided sheet
Photocopiers are always available when the library is open. Photocopy machines are located on the Plaza Level, in the copy area near the back of the Library.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions. The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using the equipment is liable for any Copyright infringement.
The Health Sciences Center Library's Study Room Policies include the following:
- Study room checkout is limited to current Emory students, staff (including Emory Healthcare) and faculty.
- All members of a study group must have a valid Emory ID.
- Priority is given to graduate level students.
- Study rooms are loaned for a two-hour period. This period is extendable if others are not waiting for the room.
- Study room keys are not to leave the library. Rooms should not be vacated for more than several minutes.
- All library policies regarding phone conversations, noise level, food, etc. apply to the study rooms.
- When a room is requested, an Emory Card will be collected from a member of the group or the individual in exchange for the study room key.
- The library has eleven study rooms. Rooms A, B, C, D, and F are suitable for groups of 2-5. Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are smaller rooms suitable for individuals. Room E can accommodate 8-10 patrons. We do not check out group study rooms to individuals.
- Keys to rooms must be returned at least 15 minutes prior to closing time.
These spaces include computer workstations, tables, comfortable seating and wireless access.
Emory University Hospital Branch
24/7 access by activated Emory Hospital ID is available to Emory faculty, residents, and third and fourth year medical students. The space is also available to other hospital staff 9am-5pm with their hospital badges.
Grady Branch Library
1st floor, Glenn Building Open Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm. Show school or hospital ID or sign in as visitor for entry.
Emory University Hospital Midtown
5th Floor, Medical Office Tower 24/7 access by activated Emory Hospital ID is available to Emory faculty, residents, and third and fourth year medical students.