- Nature Protocols
- Cold Spring Harbor Protocols
- Current Protocols
- Methods in Enzymology
- Journal of Visualized Experiments
- Protocol Online-Your lab's reference book- online searchable database of protocols
- BioMed Central Databases- searchable collection of scientific databases
- Ensembl-comprehensive database of metazoan genomes ranging from primitive chordates to mammals.
- UCSC Genome Bioinformatics-genome browser
- OBRC: Online Bioinformatics Resources Collection- searchable collection of bioinformatics databases maintained by the University of Pittsburgh
- eBIRT(electronic Biomedical Interactive Resource Tool)-search for research resources across the Atlanta Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Entrez-search across all of NCBI's databases
- Lasergene- Comprehensive Software for DNA and protein sequence analysis
- GeneGo MetaCore-integrated knowledge database for pathway analysis
- BIOBASE Knowledge Library- research applications including biomarker discovery, gene set enrichment analysis, functional analysis, SNP analysis, genotyping, gene expression analysis, and drug discovery.
- NextBio - NextBio Research is a semantic search engine for the life sciences that offers users access to the world’s largest repository of curated public data, correlated across a broad range of experimental, translational, and clinical topics.
- BIOSIS Previews, current access from Web of Science.
- Web of Science
- GoPubMed-search PubMed with search results sorted by topic for faster retrieval of articles.
- Quertle- Semantic relationship based biomedical search engine
- FACTA+- make new scientific connections by searching for associated conepts.
- Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, from AccessScience
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- Knovel. Interactive web-based database providing access to over 450 reference books and databases from 30 major publishers of scientific and engineering resources. The full text database is searchable with enhanced web-based data analysis live tables, graphic applets, and equation solvers.
- Gene from NCBI
- Faculty of 1000 Biology
- Annual Reviews Online
- WikiGenes-Evolutionary Knowledge