Point of care information
- DynaMed. Disease and drug information. The Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database. Evidence summaries and practice information sheets from Joanna Briggs Institute.
- Epocrates Online. Drug information, drug interactions, disease information, OTC medications, patient education.
- MD Consult. Textbooks, drug information.
- VisualDx. Enables rapid and accurate diagnosis of visually identifiable diseases.
- Find other clinical textbooks
- Check guidelines and evidence summaries: The Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database, DynaMed, National Guideline Clearinghouse, AACN standards
- Search for evidence: PubMed, CINAHL [Search tips], Cochrane Reviews and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects
- Stay current with published evidence: ACP Journal Club, Evidence-Based Nursing, The Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
Review and study
- Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination
- NCLEX-RN Success Podcasts: look in bottom center of the page for the Podcasts
- Additional specialty textbooks
- American Nurses Association
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Netter Presenter: Full set of images from the Netter Atlas of Human Anatomy, 5th Edition. More than 200 additional clinically-focused illustrations and radiologic images, as well as videos created from the new Netter's 3D Interactive anatomy and selected videos from Netter's Online dissection Modules.
For tips on how to view and download images, create online presentations, and image disclaimer, use Netter Presenter Get Started Guide.
Tools for finding published evidence
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments - identify articles that describe instruments
- PsycTESTS - provides access to non-commercial psychological tests, measures, scales, and surveys as well as descriptive information. Most records include the full instrument.
- ETS Test Collection - descriptions and ordering information for instruments
- Psychinfo - identify articles on psychological studies and research instruments
- CINAHL - identify articles on nursing research, including descriptions of instruments
NOTE: Some instruments must be purchased from the publisher, while others may be available in the article describing the instrument or may be requested from the author.
- Emory Office of Sponsored Programs
- NIH funding - grants search engine
- Foundation Directory - searchable file of half million grants, including from private, state and local community organizations; can limit to Georgia
- Grants.gov - HHS search engine for government grants
- NIH Manuscript Submission Help