Emory University faculty, residents, and SOM students: Login with University NetID/password
EHC staff: Login with Healthcare NetID/password
To access PubMed in the VDT, open the EHC Intranet icon. Click on the Clinical Resources tab and then click on Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library.
Visit one of these library locations for full access to library resources.
- PubMed: a database of the National Library of Medicine that includes more than 26 million citations of biomedical literature. Look for the "Find it at Emory" button to access full text.
- Access Emergency Medicine: Books, case files, drug information, videos
- Access Medicine: Books, case files, drug information, videos
- Access Surgery: Books, case files, drug information, videos
- DynaMed Plus in the VDT (Use this link for off-campus access): Guidelines, critical appraisals of evidence
- Isabel: Differential diagnosis generator
- Lexicomp (Licensed by Emory Healthcare): Access is available onsite at EHC facilities. Drug information and interactions, pill identifier
- STAT!Ref: Full text of 20 clinical medicine textbooks as well as drug, coding, and reference works.
- uCentral: Hopkins ABX Guide and other books
Find Articles on a Subject: Search PubMed from anywhere.
Access Full Text Articles or Specific Journal Titles: use "Find It@Emory" button.
- Browse journals using eJournals: For an Excel listing of journal titles licensed for EHC, click here (note: this list does not include journals in EBSCO databases that are licensed for EHC)
- DynaMed Plus (on the EHC network only) is a point-of-care tool for diagnosis and therapy information, guidelines, calculators, and drug information. Download the mobile app or set up mobile access for free.
- ClinicalKey (on the EHC network only) provides ebooks, guidelines, drug and disease information.
- PubMed is a premier biomedical database which provides abstracts of major peer-reviewed publications and a number of "open access" or "free full text" articles. Register for a free "MyNCBI" account to save searches or article citations for later retrieval.
- For additional library-licensed resources, use a computer at one of these library locations.
- PubMed Central is a free full text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Loansome Doc allows users to order full text copies of articles from a medical library (local fees and delivery methods may vary) as permitted by publisher agreements. Users must register to use this service.
- Pay-per-view article services are available from many of the major publishers.
- Check with your professional associations about resources for members.
- DynaMed Plus: Emory's license provides access for your iPhone/iTouch/iPad, Android or Blackberry device. Click here for installation information.
- Lexicomp (Licensed by Emory Healthcare): Access is available onsite at EHC facilities. At the Lexicomp online introductory page, there will be a button located at the upper right side of the page called "Mobile App Access." This is where users can link to the mobile app installation instructions.
- uCentral: Visit Emory's Unbound Medicine and click on the Mobile link just below the uCentral banner and register for an account. Once you have registered, go to either App Store, Google Play (Android) or Blackberry World and download uCentral. When the uCentral app has been installed, you will be prompted to login with the account you created on Unbound Medicine and the Emory subscription-based app will be installed on your device.