Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library
- MS, Library Science, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA
- BFA, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Sharon Leslie serves the School of Nursing, as well as providing reference services to other Woodruff Health Sciences Center and Emory Healthcare faculty, staff and students.
She previously worked as a medical librarian at Georgia State University, Mercer University and the Piedmont Hospital Medical Library. Before becoming a librarian, she was Regulatory Affairs Coordinator at the AIDS Research Consortium of Atlanta. She is a member of the Medical Library Association's Academy of Health Information Professionals at the Distinguished level.
- Davis, S. M., Baker, H., Gross, J. M., Leslie, S. L., Chasokela, C., Samuelson, J., & Toledo, C. (2021). The Role of Nurses and Midwives in Expanding and Sustaining Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services for HIV Prevention: A Systematic and Policy Review. The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care : JANAC, 32(1), 3–28. doi: 10.1097/JNC.0000000000000222
- Withycombe, J. S., Carlson, A., Coleman, C., Leslie, S. L., Skeens, M., Tseitlin, H., & Duffy, E. A. (2021). Commonly Reported Adverse Events Associated With Pediatric Immunotherapy: A Systematic Review From the Children's Oncology Group. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing : Official Journal of the Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses, 38(1), 16–25. doi: 10.1177/1043454220966590
- Kimble, L. P., Leslie, S., & Carlson, N. (2020). Metabolomics Research Conducted by Nurse Scientists: A Systematic Scoping Review. Biological Research for Nursing, 22(4), 436–448. doi: 10.1177/1099800420940041
- Brown, A.M., Madsen, E.C., Leonard, C.P., Leslie, S.L., Allen, C., Srinivasan, V., Irving, S. Y. Continuous Versus Bolus Gastric Feeding in Children Receiving Mechanical Ventilation: A Systematic Review. American Journal of Critical Care (2020) 29 (1): 33–45. doi: 10.4037/ajcc2020850
- Dunn, A., Hanson, L., VandeVusse, L, Leslie, S. Through the Microbial Looking Glass: Premature labor, Pre-eclampsia, and Gestational Diabetes: A Scoping Review. Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing. Jan/Mar 2019; 33(1):35-51. doi: 10.1097/JPN.0000000000000375.
- Carlson, N., Leslie, S., Dunn, A. Antepartum Care of Women Who are Obese During Pregnancy: Review of the Current Evidence. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. May 14, 2017. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12758.
- Leslie S. “Designing an Interactive Web-based Tutorial for Health Sciences Students: A Collaborative Library Project.” Medical Reference Services Quarterly, v. 36, issue 1, 90-96, 2017. doi: 10.1080/02763869.2017.1259925.
- Leslie S.L. Bibliographic Essay: “HIV/AIDS: A Postmodern Epidemic and Its Depiction” CHOICE Reviews, v. 53, number 7, 2016, pages 971-981. doi: 10.5860/CHOICE.53.07.971.
- Leslie, S, Martinez, I. “Assessment and Weeding of a Clinical HIV/ AIDS Collection in an Academic Library: A Case Study”, Collection Management, 40:3, 149-162, 2015. doi: 10.1080/01462679.2015.1040570